Sunday, September 20, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

It has definitely been a long time sine I've posted about our family adventures. Isaac had just broken his collar bone. Well, he has healed quite nicely. We thought a few weeks ago that he had broken his arm, but that was, thankfully, just a false alarm! I wanted to show a few pictures of some field trips we've taken this summer.

First: to the Peach Orchard! We headed south (not too far) to a beautiful peach orchard with our local homeschool group. It was a beautiful place, that I hope we can visit every year to pick fresh peaches.

Yes, that is a 2.15 pound peach. It was gigantic. I think it was a record, at least for that orchard (no, it was not one that we picked--they had already picked it when we got there).

Here's a view of the orchard from the top. They took us on a tour to show us all about how they run their orchard. This was taken from the back of a tractor.

The boys on the back of the tractor, learning loads of facts about peaches, and anxious to pick them.

Finally, time to pick. It doesn't take long to fill those buckets when you pick big ones!

And, finally, each of the boys enjoying their delicious peaches!




I made a couple of peach pies, that we enjoyed with vanilla ice cream. But, I forgot to take a picture! Well, we sure enjoyed them anyway!

We also took a trip to the library when it held the finale to our summer reading program. We got to speak to police officers, fire fighters, and EMS workers. The boys even got to push lots of buttons in the police car, which set off sirens and lights, which was something they thought was totally cool, and Mom thought was totally loud!


Here are the boys (minus Joshua who was in the stroller beside me) with Officer Beth.

Elijah in the police car, pushing all those buttons, making all of those loud noises. Hopefully the only time he'll be in a police car!


The boys inside the huge fire truck, ready to put out fires!


And, inside the ambulance. Need I say, hopefully the only time inside one?


No comments:

Post a Comment