Friday, January 29, 2010

Caribbean Cruise

Last year in June, Jason and I celebrated our 10th year anniversary. We decided that during Jason's off season we would go on a cruise. So, this month, last week to be exact, we went on that cruise, and had a wonderful time. We went with friends, Jason and Kelly, and my brother and sister-in-law, Adam and Lisa. Our kids stayed with grandparents in Atlanta.

Here's our ride from our hotel to the port in Miami. Fun ride!


It had been a while since I had ridden in a limo. Jason and I with Adam and Lisa.


Here we are at the port in Miami ready to board our ship, the Celebrity Century which is behind us.


My sweet friend, Kelly and I with Miami behind us (and the prospect of sailing away across the ocean!)



Here's a look at our crew inside the ship. This area was really the center of the ship. We're sitting in the Cova Cafe, a great place to sit and listen to music, and drink gourmet coffee, and eat delectable pastries.


A great view of Miami from the top of the ship before sailing away.


On to our first port, Key West. Here, a picture of the girls--Lisa, Melea, Kelly. Sweet friends, and sisters in Christ.


This was fascinating to learn about. These trees are called banyan trees. This looks like many different trees. You see the main trunk in the middle, and then other "trees" on the sides. But, really, it is all one tree. The branches actually send down new roots which grow into large thick trunks, and the tree starts multiplying into adjoining yards. It was very interesting to learn about them!


Jason and I in front of our ship on Key West.


Here we are dressed up for our one formal night. It was fun--felt like prom again! Does this dress look familiar Jessica? :)


A beautiful shot of the sun going down over the ocean while sailing away from Key West.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I just caught up on your blog. That cruise looked so fun. How great to go with family and good friends! Also, your boys are adorable. I can finally identify a little bit with the Nascar stuff. Emet LOVES cars and we're in the CARS movie stage now with Lighning and Mater. It reminds me of the stage your boys were in when we lived there! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, thanks for posting them.
    Sounds like you all had a great time, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a GREAT time! I'm so glad you were able to go with friends and family. You are so photogenic in these photos! Can't wait to catch up soon! Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete