Friday, January 29, 2010

Cruise to the Caribbean Part 2

One thing I will always remember about this cruise was the food--some of the most delicious food I've ever eaten in my life. And the service! To be called "Madame" by the waiters--hmmmm, maybe I should teach my kids to call me "Madame, Mommy." :)
These next several pictures are of the night we ate at the one specialty restaurant on the ship. Delicious food, wonderful service, and great company made for a very fun night. I don't remember all the different names of the foods here, but they were absolutely delightful!



Warm goat cheese souffle--very good.

A salad that Lisa got--fancy huh?

My yummy dessert--white coffee ice cream and chocolate

Our waiter--preparing a seared filet tableside.


These next pictures are of when we were at port at George Town, Grand Cayman. One word--beautiful.
I loved this shot--that's our ship which had to anchor some distance off shore, which we then had to catch a tender to take us back and forth to the island.


Jason and I went swimming with the stingrays at "Stingray City." This is a place probably about a 1/2 mile (or more) out from Grand Cayman Island where, for years, fisherman dumped their scraps. Stingrays would keep coming to feed on them, and eventually got very tame, so much that it became one of the most popular excursions on the island. This was a very unique experience for me. First of all, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I was expecting a small sandbar (out of the water) where we could walk around, take pictures, etc., then get in the water if we felt like it. Not exactly. The sandbar was actually about 4 feet deep, so no cameras, just fighting the waves, and getting used to stingrays swimming against our legs. I kind of freaked out at first, I admit that. But, I got used to them after a while, and even held one and kissed it (something they try to get us all to do), and snorkled a bit watching them underwater. A photographer came with us, and got a lot of great snapshots of us holding/kissing the stingray, but of course it was very expensive to buy, so this is just one shot of Jason after I had gotten back in the boat. It ended up being really fun and a neat experience.
Here you can see a dividing line of where the sandbar is (about 4 ft. deep or so), and the darker color water which is a drop down to about 6,000 ft!
On the way back from our excursion we spotted this iguana getting some sun.
Except for the one night that we ate at Murano, the specialty restaurant, we ate dinner in the Grand Restaurant. We ate at the same table every night, with our friends, and had the same waiters. That was fun--to get to know the waiters a little bit, and enjoying good fellowship with sweet friends.
On the last day of our cruise, when we were actually about to disembark, Jason spotted this plane. His favorite plane of all time, the Grumman Goose, an amphibious plane, meaning it can land both in water and on land. He was very excited.
The last shot of our cruise--can you tell we're sad to leave? But, we were definitely ready to see our kiddos!

We had a super time together, and are thankful that the Lord gives us times of relaxation and fun with friends.

1 comment: