Monday, May 11, 2009

Publix


I went to Publix today and was very excited with the outcome. I had 12 $2.50 coupons for Electrasol that I wanted to use since they are having a BOGO sale this week. The Electrasol that is normally priced at $3.99 was included in the BOGO sale, which made my dishwasher detergent a money maker. I gave away 2 of them to people I met in the store. So, here's what I got today:

8 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Gauze pads 1.99 (2.00/2 Publix Q, $3.00/2 Manuf.Q)--Free
plus overage
2 Jello 6 pk. 2.00 (1.00 Food Lion Q, 1.00 Manuf. Q)--Free
4 Chinet Casuals Plates 3.29 (should have been $2.00--will be going back for refund)--(2.00
manuf. coupon)--should have been free Update: Chinete plates no longer available at the $2.00 price--shucks!
10 Electrasol Finish ($2.50 manuf. Q)--Free plus overage
Publix Potato chips (Mystery item)--one penny
1 Oscar Myer honey ham -- 16 oz. (free coupon from Kroger)--free
8 Yoplait yogurts (1.00 Target coupon, 1.00 manuf. coupon)--.20 each
1 Post Trail Mix BOGO (2.00 manuf. Q)--free
2 Publix black beans .83 each (no coupon)

Total paid: $5.57
Total saved: $99.74

Yippee!

8 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so excited that you have a blog! I will add you to my blog list. You did great at Publix today. I can't wait to read more of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! The Johnsons have a blog. I'm so excited. Now, we just need to get Lisa to start one too so that we can live through each others lives vicariously. :)

    Nice haul at Publix today. I am going to go tomorrow to get that Electrasol!

    BTW, the Chinet plates are no longer $2.00. That price was supposed to end on 5/8/09. Let me know if you have heard otherwise.

    Love you,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhh! You're right about the chinet. Shucks! Oh well. I guess I still only paid $5.57 for all of that. Do you know if you can return things when you've used coupons on them? I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you can return them without any problem. They will give you the full cash value. They still submit the coupons and will be reimbursed for them. So, just take them back and get the full cash value back for the items. I sometimes buy the wrong item or a deal doesn't work out and we never have a problem returning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melea, did the Electrasol gelpacs cost the same as the tabs or were they more expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, girlfriend! You racked up....wish I had a grocer local that did a BOGO sale. Congrats on the purchases :) Glad you are blogging...can't wait to see you and your boys (and, Jason too, of course!) Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,
    Looking at my receipt, the original price for all of them was $3.99, even though on the shelf I believe the gel pacs were listed as $4.99. But, I got 7 gel pacs and 3 tabs and all they rang up at $1.99 and $2.00.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! I had used my Electrasol coupons at Harrie Teeter, so I didn't have any to use at Publix. I was so bummed!!!

    ReplyDelete